Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The July meeting will be held on July 30th, from 1:00 to 3:00 pm at my place in Centerville again. For those that haven't been to the previous meetings, you can send me an e-mail or PM for directions.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Look forward to seeing everyone again...

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to see you can finally make it to a meeting Damon :) I know Ken has been interested in meeting you ever since you talked to him about shellies...

·
Registered
925 Posts
I bought 2 more 10 gallon tanks just for some shellies. I might give away my L. Brichardi. They aren't as colorful as I would like and way too shy.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rob,
Save that Ambulia for your new tank or even the August meeting. I'm sure someone would be interested in it by then!

Off of the top of my head, I should have the following available at the July meeting:

Hemianthus micranthemoides (Pearlweed)
Polygonum sp. ‘Kawagoeanum’
Pogostemon stellatus "Broad Leaf"
Myriophyllum mattogrossense
Myriophyllum aquatica green
Rotala rotundifolia
Water Sprite
and probably some other stuff that will grow out by then :)

anyone else have something they can bring?

·
Registered
601 Posts
rwoehr said:
I will definitely not be able to make it this month. I will be out of town. Too bad, I have some Ambulia I could offload.
My trip was cancelled by the organizer today, so I will be able to attend this month's meeting. :D

Does anybody need any Glossostigma Elatinoides? I can spare a clump or two.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Molurus 73,

You are more than welcome to come to the meeting and join the club! I have some material from the past two meetings I can give you that may help you along. It will be good to meet you!

Rob,

Glad to hear your trip was cancelled :) I don't need any Glosso but if you have some you need to get rid of I can grow it out a bit in one of the 55's :)

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should've mentioned it before Molurus73 but feel free to PM or e-mail me for directions. You may even be able to carpool with someone else if you're down by Cinci.

Anybody out there have access to some name tags? :)

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'll have a few nice Crypts and some Java fern From my apisto tank. Maybe a few other items that may be grown in by meeting time. (Thanks for the bulb Matt) My 3 news ones will be in this Friday). Plants are growing great.

Might have some Dwarf Sag that I cant seem to get rid of also.

·
Registered
601 Posts
MatPat said:
Rob,

Glad to hear your trip was cancelled :) I don't need any Glosso but if you have some you need to get rid of I can grow it out a bit in one of the 55's :)
I don't need to get rid of any, I just wanted to give something for a change because I've gotten so much free stuff since I met this group. :)

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wouldn't mind a couple of Endler fry for my son's 5g tank. I need something easy, pretty, and hardy for that tank.

I would be more than willing to trade you some plants for a couple of Endlers :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
The ones in the tub look much better than the ones in side, best i can tell. I am hoping to bring the tub in side (transfer the plants and fish into a 20 L) at the end of the season. At this time will need recommendations for lighting. Im hoping i wont need much, i dont want to put alot of money into the tank. Just need to keep them warm for the winter. ;)

·
Registered
925 Posts
If you are not growing anything in the tank for the endlers, lighting isn't important. Any will do. It doesn't even have to fit the tank.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am desperately trying to get this planted tank thing down. My fish come first, but I want the tank to be a sight to behold. Right now it is far from that. I would definitely be interested in any lowlight plants you want to get rid of. Anything that would do well with no CO2 and about 1.5 watts per gallon. Watersprite definitely interests me. Once I get everything up and going I would love to give back. Anywho, thanks. Jim

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will definately have some Water Sprite available! I will have to wait and see what the others are bringing as far as low light plants are concerned but I think I will have some Taiwan Moss I can spare along with some really rough looking Java Ferns.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts