Aquatic Plant Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Simpte 27 said:
Bout time you got rid of those Rasboras. I never cared for them. I used to keep them though. What time is the meeting anyway?
The meeting is at 1pm. I'm doing a demo for Rob on Aquabid at 12:30 if you want to see that.

The R. heteropmorpha were never my favorite fish but they seemed to be all that was available around here back in December. I wanted Cardinals and Rams in that tank but had no luck finding them, at least not healthy ones. Hopefully I can find some nice Rummy nose in the near future. The Rasboras definately don't go well with the Discus!

·
Registered
601 Posts
MatPat said:
Fun, fun. Don't forget your net. I have two Python nets but any extras nets will be a big help.

I don't have much patience when it comes to catching fish. I usually end up making it an all-day affair. As you know that dang center brace on a 75g is a PITA. The more hands the merrier when it comes to catching small fish in a big tank.

How do you like the wood stand? Nice to have allof the equipment hidden?
The girlfriend and I got pretty good at double teaming the fish with 2 nets. One person chases the fish into the others net! It's kind of fun. :p

The wood stand now makes my pictures of my tank look like something from a magazine. Much nicer. There's lots of room underneath. I'm going to put some small shelfs on the inside of the doors for food and stuff and hooks for nets. I bought it used for $40. Not too shabby.

·
Registered
601 Posts
MatPat said:
The R. heteropmorpha were never my favorite fish but they seemed to be all that was available around here back in December. I wanted Cardinals and Rams in that tank but had no luck finding them, at least not healthy ones. Hopefully I can find some nice Rummy nose in the near future. The Rasboras definately don't go well with the Discus!
Aquatics & Exotics in Mt. Healthy has a boat load of Cardinals for sale.

Did the Rasboras pick on the Discus? I've read that groups of 6 or larger don't bother other fish.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
rwoehr said:
Did the Rasboras pick on the Discus? I've read that groups of 6 or larger don't bother other fish.
They were fine with the Discus but their colors just don't go too well together. I'm not too keen on the orange and black Rasboras mixed with the Cobalt Blue Discus :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Rummy Nose Tetras

House of Tropicals down on River Rd, west of downtown Cincy on the River has a few dozen Rummy Nose Tetras for $5.99 thru the 15th.

Aquatics & Exotics in Mt. Healthy, a lot closer, has less than a dozen for 3 for $5.99.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
$5.99 each, Cha Ching!!! Dang, I'm used to them being $2.99 in Maryland. Should've bought some while I was back there picking up the tanks.

3 for $5.99 sound more like it :) Thanks for the info!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts