Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Jay, I saw a picture of that plant on this website before and thats what I thought it was. Now I know for sure!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plant requirements

I have heard that this plant is hard to grow but for the month it's been in my tank it has been doing very well. What should I do to ensure that this plant keeps doing well? Also is it really rare, because I cant find much info on it?

my specs are:
-30 gallon
-126 watts pc and NO lighting
-pressurized co2
-100% flourite
-dose flourish and iron gold

thanks,

Brady

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: plant requirements

bbkid43 said:
I have heard that this plant is hard to grow but for the month it's been in my tank it has been doing very well. What should I do to ensure that this plant keeps doing well? Also is it really rare, because I cant find much info on it?
Uh... The secret is... send clipping to all of us :) I know thats funny, but I do mean that seriously.. if you have something you really like give it away, that way if anyone loses it you can get it back - its a trick the Crypt and coral folks use, frag our rare corals ASAP. I have no idea how to grow this stuff, never tried, I know Oriential Aquarium has no problems with this, it is available commerically if you ask the right people.

Jeff

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's not too difficult IME. Moderate values and it will grow well. I had sme problems growing it in soft water and had to supplement Ca and Mg. It's not really that rare but hang onto it and you will surely be able to sell clippings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts