Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.. One more swede has found this forum.
I don't know much about plants so i guess you have to answer some dumb questions in the future ;)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
To all my Sverige friends, I would like some help from you guys. And sorry for posting right here, but I really think this thread is the best place for this question.

So please help me out. I would like to know what kind of lighting systems you guys use in Sweden, particularly in Stockholm. That is, if you could provide some information in terms of products, brands, and store names. You see, my girlfriend is from Stockholm, and I go visit her few times a year. However, we've yet found any stores that sells compact fluorescent lightings. Most if not all stores only has regular fluorescent tubes. Let me know what your inputs are. Thanks;)

Tack så mycket and Hej då

Paul

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Fredde, welcome to APC :)

There is no dumb question... It is better to ask then to be sorry later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the welcomes!

SurWrathful said:
To all my Sverige friends, I would like some help from you guys. And sorry for posting right here, but I really think this thread is the best place for this question.

So please help me out. I would like to know what kind of lighting systems you guys use in Sweden, particularly in Stockholm. That is, if you could provide some information in terms of products, brands, and store names. You see, my girlfriend is from Stockholm, and I go visit her few times a year. However, we've yet found any stores that sells compact fluorescent lightings. Most if not all stores only has regular fluorescent tubes. Let me know what your inputs are. Thanks;)

Tack så mycket and Hej då

Paul
I have to admit that my English isn't the best, especially when it comes to aquarium tech talk.
What do you mean with compact fluorescent lights?
At least here in Sweden the regular tubes is called T8, do you mean the "thinner" version called T5?

I use the T8 system as most of the other Swedes. T5 is also used but not as common as the T8, i think the price is answer no1 to that, and of course MH and stuff like that

Vi ses :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ah, yes, the T8. We also call it NO, for normal output. These are the so called regular fluorescent bulbs. So I guess T5 would be considered a type of compact fluorescent; no wonder no one understood what I was talking about when I was there. I know a few stores that my gf and I visited; Noah was one, and there was another one across from this Chinese grocery store. That one, I think, is the best I have seen in Stockholm; it's a 2-story store with the 2F being the fish and plant tanks. So T5 is also used in Sweden, I see. Yeah, here we have something called compact fluorescent, and it's basically gluing two T5's together, giving the bulb an overall higher output in light intensity. Thanks for answering my question. Tack!

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Np, I'm just happy that i could help someone :)
Feel, free to ask if there's something more that you think I might be able to help you with..
I think that "Akvarielagret" (a store) in Bromma, just outside Stockholm could be worth a visit the next time you are here. They say that its the biggest aquarium shop in Sweden..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hej! I will be sure to let my gf know. Surprisingly, ever since I left, one of her Anubias has been flowering underwater! Truly amazing, indeed! And her lightings aren't even adequate; she also has no CO2 injection. And yet, ever since I rescaped her tank into a 'mound shape', everything has been doing better. I did intentionally placed the plants higher up closer to the lights so maybe that is one reason they have been doing better. I also told her to dose fertilizer daily in smaller aliquot. Again, thanks for the store info:)

adjö!

Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts