Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
4,880 Posts
I have a clump of Java Fern that seems to have stunted. Before I moved, it was shaded by a large Ozelot sword, so I wasn't surprised by it being smaller. Now that I have moved, it gets the same ligth as the rest (for 2 months now) .

It is still actively growing, but it stays much shorter (the leaves are shorter) and grows slower than the other Java Fern I have in the tank. It all came from 1 place (other than the Windelov I have) . I've been watching it for a couple months now to see if it catches back up, especially since all of it is exposed to full light right now.

If you want I'll post a pic on this thread of the two together.

-Dave

· Premium Member
4,880 Posts
I'm not a very good 'explainer', so I can't really tell you how to do the pics. I use photobucket to upload mine, but I actually prefer the other photo sites because I can't view photobucket pics when I'm at my work computer due to certain security settings. Find out what TexGal uses and go with that. Whatever site she goes through is secure enough to pass through our filters at work.

Here is my Java Fern in the mean-time. The shorter growth on the left is actually more mature/older than that on the right. The past 2 months they have each received the same light and started at the same height (I trimmed much of the older leaves after the move due to nutrient defficiencies and damage from the move, etc... )

-Dave

PS. Please forgive the shot of "tail-rot" in the background on that Bleeding Heart. That's a whole different issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.