Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been some time since I shot any pics and these are from a tank that is very hard to get proper lighting in.

First up is a pic of a berried female Cherry Shrimp of mine...

Next up an MTS I love these guys I think they are a neat snail

I call this The Lonely Snail.. with the subdude lighting it looks like he is sliming his way off into the sunset

And last but not least my largest Assassin taking down the Largest MTS in my tank the MTS is 1.5" long.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Great pictures! That assassin snail is very interesting. How often does it kill other snails? Does it completely deplete your snail population or just keep it under control?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they will take down a snail about there own size every 2 or 3 days....

So with 5 snails I have seen a dent in the larger sized snail populations leaving mainly the smaller sized snails. So at some point they will wipe out he larger ones and stop feeding until the smaller ones get big enough. I think that is to make sure there is always a population of baby snails for the hatchlings. With 250+ MTS in the 15 gallon alone and lord knows how many in the 29, and populations started in every tank I own plus one dedicated I shouldn't run out.

So at some point your population will balance out because as I understand it they will not lay eggs unless live food is around.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay a few more from your's truly....

"You Did This To Me"

"On the Hunt"

"Two of a Kind"

"Lonely Traveller"

·
Registered
22 Posts