Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Juwel Rio 400 ( 400l / 100g )

after my last tank sprang a leak, i have been pretty quiet, but i have been busy putting a new tank together

specs:

Juwel Rio 400
151 x 51 x 62 cm
400l / 100g
flourite
pressurized co2
6 x 54w t5's

EI dosing

and today...

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
sorry to hear about your other tank.....you sure did get a nice scape back quickly in your new tank though! :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks hooha :)

i had most of the plants already, they just had to grow and propagate...

hopefully the tennellus will carpet quickly, and i just got some more giant hygro to replace the ceratopteris on the right.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, the plants have filled in pretty quick...

i got some myriophyllum tuberculatum, to add in somewhere once it has grown a bit, i just got a tiny cutting, so hopefully it will be even more colorful soon...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just got some glosso too, and was thinking of splitting the tenellus in the front to the right and left and putting glosso in the middle, what do you think?

something like this:

XXXXxxxx..........xxxxXXXX

X's being crypts on the left and parviflorus on the right
x's being the tenellus
.'s being the glosso

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
new pics...

things are growing in nicely after the trim, but it is looking like it is time for a trim again :(

i added some lobelia, and got some eustris stellata

i joined a couple of dutch forums, and they were absolutely horrified with the rocks, but i also had some positive comments so for now they are still staying. i have some new plants as well, but they are still tiny, if i can grow them and propogate them, i might use them in place of the rocks...

front - click for larger:

this is what the stellatus looked like when i got it - pretty sickly

this is what it looks like now - hopefully it is going to grow from strength to strength - i hope it makes the transition from emmersed to immersed ok

i have some glosso, hc and micranthum umbrosum floating

tiny cutting of rotala wallichii :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
new pic. trim and shape, made some space for the alternanthera on the left, and removed a lot of the hygro. polysperma to let the sunset hygro grow in to replace it.

click for larger:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
some pics i snapped today after being away for a week...

my wife did an awesome job with the dosing, it looks like my plants have almost doubled again from the last trim...

i need to give it another hard prune and shape, as well as trying to trim the tenellus...

still battling cyano :(

my oldest discus, he is almost three years old now

@equinox - there are three tubes on one side, and three tubes on the other...

pinholes in my old giant hygro leaves... the new growth looks fine

a lone stem of rotala rotundiflora that grew into the difformis

stellatus - doing nicely

thats about as pink as my sunset gets - algae wizard, you are doing something right

the tenellus is getting too thick, the lower growth is starting to die off, i will try trimming it this week, going to go the lawn mower route with some scissors...

full frontal - click for larger

some candid pics, to show that not everything is always perfect ;D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some news pics, scape is still the same

front - click for larger...

left

middle

right

my view from the couch

looks a little pinkish coz only the arcadias are on, i like this look...

i will be breaking this tank down in less than two months coz i am relocating, not looking forward to that, it has only been running for 5 months or so...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@equinox - i did keep the original lighting...

from left to right:

1. arcadia plant pro 39w 7400k
2. juwel day 54w 9000k
3. juwel nature 54w 4100k
4. arcadia plant pro 39w 7400k

the two 39w are noticeably brighter than the 54w, i then switched the two 39w for four 54w still keeping the juwel tubes, so i had four arcadias and two juwels.

i have just got a new ballast and two more arcadias so when i re-setup my tank i will be using only the six arcadias..

my dosing regime was something like this:

sunday day1) prune, preen, clean glass inside, 50% or more water change, vac/sub, 1/2 tsp kno3, 1/8 ish tsp kh2po4, 1/2 tsp equilibrium, 1/2 tsp dolomite and clean glass on outside
monday day2) 5ml Trace
tuesday day3) 1/2 tsp kno3, 1/8 ish tsp kh2po4, 1/2 tsp equilibrium, 1/2 tsp dolomite
wednesday day4) 5ml Trace
thursday day5) 1/2 tsp kno3, 1/8 ish tsp kh2po4, 1/2 tsp equilibrium, 1/2 tsp dolomite
friday day6) 5ml Trace
saturday day7) 1/2 tsp kno3, 1/8 ish tsp kh2po4, 1/2 tsp equilibrium, 1/2 tsp dolomite

1 - 20 of 75 Posts