Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded to the new Juwel T5 Hilight system. I have a 100 gal tank, with CO2. the lights are: 2 tubes, 54watts. T5.

Is that enough light? Or do I need more tubes? If I do, how would I go about adding tubes to the existing hood (the regular Juwel one) - light unit for 2 lamps, and two flaps - flimsy plastic?

I am growing:

Hemianthus 'cuba'
Hemianthus Micranthemoides
java fern
java fern 'windelov'
Aponegeton Madagascarieisis (lace plant)
dwarf hair grass
Hygrophila difformis
Hygrophila corymbosa 'red'
Crinium calamistratum
Nesaea Crassicaulis
vallis
moss balls
xmas moss

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, they're not pearling yet. But I only planted them a week and a half ago. And I only just got the CO2 to the right level, it's been a bit under for a while and I've been gradually increasing it. Yesterday my drop checker said the level was right.

My plants are growing. My lace plant just made two new leaves in the last couple of days and the HC is starting to slowly fill out (some of my clumps are starting to join together). The stems are a little taller and making new leaves. My crypts haven't done anything. There was a bit of a melt initially but they've stopped melting and don't seem to be doing very much at all now.

Next week I'm starting a PPS fert regime. These last few weeks I've been using a bottle of liquid ferts, but it's run out now and my dry ferts have arrived in the post.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading one of the sticky topics on here, it looks like I need another two bulbs. So I upgraded them.

I've added two more 54watt T5s. My anubias has started pearling!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts