Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[ KH ] New CRS and Frys pictures - 10 Gallon Tank [AUG_01 update]

From May, I have around 20pcs SSS/SS+/SS most are thickness white.
From June, I have imported around 35 pcs SSS.
In July, the first group from May already breed and some from June also breed.
Today, my 10 Gallon SS/SSS tank has become a big family now around 100pc :), but half of it still around 1cm size.

I bought a new marco lens for taking picture of my CRS :) i m very please with the result.

Here is my picture of my CRS :D
Hope you will like it :)

These new picture are taken by
Canon 5D, Canon EF 100mm f2.8. with flash

SSS
====================================================
This is 1 of my 6-9 pregnant CRS :) in 10 gallon tank

I like this picture. A CRS on a moss ball.

He is on Catapang Leaf :)

His white of the bottom head is covering up the head. Nice sign :)

I like CRS on the HC

This one is a close to flower head

The one under Catapang Roof "Don't break my roof?"

SS
This is one of my favorite SS. lol sometime I like this kind thick/blood red CRS more than SSS

The following 2 are close to SSS

This is a Female CRS

New Frys :)
1 of the around 10 frys in SSS grade this one is flower head pattern

"Hey son, dont run too fast"

Group
Whole view of the corner while feeding
Did you see the frys of Black Diamond SSS crown head pattern
and the SSS frys one the left :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lots of awesome pics and one comment? Come on guys, you can do better than that. I gotta say, those are really really nice shrimps you got there mate :D. Keep up the good work and keep us updated ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
What temp do you have your tank at? I've noticed since I dropped my temp from 76F to 73F the CRS seem more active and one is now berried but my RCS seemed to prefer the higher temps, better coloration, more activity etc.

I've said it once, but those are really nice shrimp and photos you have there. I am totally jealous.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the comments :)

What temp do you have your tank at? I've noticed since I dropped my temp from 76F to 73F the CRS seem more active and one is now berried but my RCS seemed to prefer the higher temps, better coloration, more activity etc.

I've said it once, but those are really nice shrimp and photos you have there. I am totally jealous.
I keep CRS 22-25degree 72-75 F
When it get to 27+degree CRS will get less active, they only stand and wont eat then cause many bad things happen.
If that happen, I will add more O2 injection and fan to keep them safe.

when I keep stable 25 degree, the CRS give birth of frys also stable around 25 days.
But I didn't put my heater in @ summer, so my temp is quite unstable during days to night.
:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Kelvin
shrimp in ca or hongkong???? sell or not?
Shrimps in CA
this 10 gallon tank will be for sell soon.
In this week or next week, I will choose around 5 selected out (not qualify the whiteness and too many male pcs SSS ) for sell .
Right now, I am selling the other tank -5 gallon. (hold disqualify in 10 gallon tank)

·
Registered
9 Posts
All I can say is WOW!!!! Great shrimps and awesome pictures. I wish that I could keep these beauties but I have a problem with the temperature going over 73F.

Paula

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very nice shrimps and some great photos.

No offense though, I do see most of your shrimps S grade, maybe a couple SS. I just not recognize any of them as SSS grade, but it's only my personal opinion.
Above SS should always have very solid white and red, without any cracks, pink shade, nor any transparentness on the shell. And SSS is even more exteme.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice shrimps and some great photos.

No offense though, I do see most of your shrimps S grade, maybe a couple SS. I just not recognize any of them as SSS grade, but it's only my personal opinion.
Above SS should always have very solid white and red, without any cracks, pink shade, nor any transparentness on the shell. And SSS is even more exteme.
Yes, thanks for your great comment.

There has a little different grading of from US and Taiwan.
US seem only divide the CRS in general S grading : SSS>SS>S+>...

Taiwan, CRS will divide CRS in 2 area: 1) description of the body pattern, 2) the whiteness.

1) Body pattern from top to low:
White body(normal, Crown Head , Flower Head ) > Stop Sign > *Red dot (Taiwan call "fish/meat ball") >Tiger Teeth> Testing Shrimps

2) Solid White, thick White, normal white, dim white

So in example the first picture :

In Taiwan, I think I will grade this as " normal white - White Body"
but in US, it seem can group in SSS?
I have doubt about it for long lol~
I don't know what I should call it, since I m not very familiar of the US grade.
whats your opinion of grading of this?

Thanks again for your opinion, may be I will more careful on the description :) or lets lol make a better grading method for clearly description for the CRS :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Kev,

Thanks for your reply. This hot looking “Near White-body” pregnant female in your picture looks at least S to me, very beautiful individual.

But I would say she seems to be a little lack of red solidness in the head, and legs are somewhat transparent in this picture.
It’s only me being dumb picky, and it all comes down to person preference again.

Sometimes grading is very subjective :), as there’s never an “Official” grading system out there.
And there are some differences between hobbyists in difference regions too as the evolution of CRS continues.

CRS keeping craze in North America is still a little behind compared to some places in Asia and Europe.
And high grades are still rare and expensive, but IMO the grading should always determine by solidness/thickness, and should not relate to the body pattern (at least not a whole lot).

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you are from Taiwan originally?! If so, I am your fellow country man from Taipei :)!!
Again, thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures, I really enjoy them. Especially the shot in your signature

Thanks
Ed

1 - 20 of 45 Posts