Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a new marine land c 360 and i cant get the air out from inside of it and i have only had it running for three days. it seems to run real quiet and smooth but every couple of minutes or sooner it will do a bit of gurgling and sucking sounds and then a bunch of bubbles will come out the oulet into the tank. so what i have been doing is kind of shaking the canister to get most of the air out but within a couple of minutes it does it again. this is my first canister filter and i need help. i dont know if i am doing something wrong or is there something special i can do to keep the air from getting back into it. i am just about to get rid of it and get something different so any suggestions would be great thanks

chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it would have to be on the intake side thought right? and the connection up at the tank has a clap on it and the connection at the pump is one of those slip the hose on and tighten the fitting kind of deals there isnt really any room for a clamp. i dont believe that the upper connection is leaking because i would see it sucking bubbles and i dont see any bubbles on the intake side hose. i guess that it might be the fitting at the canister i will double check both anyways thanks. is the vasoline supposed to help sealing i have never heard of that will it not hurt the water.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have noticed that when i pump the primer some water will squirt out at me from around the primer button is it possible that it sucking the air from around that? maybe i should just take this up with who i bought it from .this is just so frustrating it is a brand new pump and new tank set up and nothing seems to be going right

·
Administrator
7,423 Posts
Yeah, I mainly meant the intake. I had one filter that just kept getting air in it and finally just vaselined the in, the out, the seal, whatever. I worked and didn't harm anything but was a little messy later. Nothing a paper towel didn't solve.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks for the tips cavan i will have to remember that but i am convinved that it is getting in through my priming pump. today i left the filter unplugged for the whole day and when i got home there was a puddle of water in the bucket under my filter and when i pumped the primer it would squirt water out at me so i emailed the store i bought from hopefully they will give me a new one:-\"

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've never used this filter, so I'm not sure on the quality of its sealings, and of how air-tight it is, but double check everything is closed well. Also, I don't think shaking it is the best idea. I have an EHEIM Classic canister filter, and it is always 100% silent and the seals are good, but if I move it or shift it over a bit, somehow it starts to gurgle and make noises. So, try leaving it is one place that is steady, and let it run for a bit without touching it. It may have some trapped air at the beginning that you will have to let it get out, therefore make the noise for a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i am thinking that you are right. i emailed them and almost right away they seemed to know where it was coming from and simply asked for a couple of numbers off of the filter and my address and said that some replacement parts were on the way. that was almost two weeks ago i think that i might email them again and see where my parts are at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.