Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm a newbie.
I don't have many information about this "hobby" (it's more than that, isn't it?), I've been visiting this forum for quite a while and I haven't registered before because I always felt intimidated by the amount of info/input and the quality of the moderators and users, specially after slowly browsing to some of their homepages.
And I would be lying if I'ld say that I don't feel intimidated still. My contribution to this forum is very poor and I'm aware of it. But what really attracted me to this home was the high pedagogic core of it. I use it mainly to learn.
I know that between people who have a lot of experience, the central focus within topics is sharing, and it's perfectly natural that people with high information/education tend to keep a high level of input when discussing subjects, searching for even higher levels of knowledge whilst trying to level up the quality of the forum.
But for me is plain learning. Most of what I do here is sit down and read, I use the search tool a lot. I always preview my replies and I always hesitate before submitting an answer.
You wouldn't believe the number of replies I've left unwritten because I felt they were inferior in usefulness, aggravated by the poor quality of my written English (school english).
I realize most of my replies are useless but sometimes it's very hard not to... communicate. Just communicate. When you are a very outspoken and well humored person, it takes time to learn how to refrain from posting some comments.
Even if it is just to say "Great tank!" letting everybody know how impressed you were with it.
This is my way of explaining some of my posting behavior and apologizing. Hope you guys understand my position.
Best regards.

P.S.- By the way, I really don't care about the point system. I have the feeling I'll be an Algae Grower for a long time... :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Art, I wrote my previous post before yours was visible. Sorry about the context "conflicts". I perfectly understand Phil's comment, but I felt I had to explain myself.
Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.