Aquatic Plant Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
You deal with roots like that with either pulling the plant out or trimming them. Some plants respond with less roots if you start to add more fertilizers, but that's not very effective actually.

You can also hide the roots with shorter plants strategically placed in front of them.

Or you can borrow my aquascaping scissors...:

--Nikolay

·
Registered
733 Posts
Beautiful pictures, Kim. I love the tank.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Got behind on my journal but its time to catch up. So I'll have 2 photos for the 2 weeks.

image taken 2-06-09

image taken 2-14-09 (today)

I did some pruning (see diff between the 2 photos). Tried to start varying the heights of the background plant. Gloso is filling in nicely and blyxa is going crazy. I added some off-white silica sand in the middle valley hoping it would create some contrast with the central rocks. I will have to pay more attention to my photography as it looks over bright in the image.

Wondering what my background plant really is. Some thought L. Aromatica a few weeks ago from the images. Now I am thinking maybe Pogostemon Stellatus "Broad Leaf." Tried to take some pics especially showing the red coloration at the stem section joints. Opinions?

Thanks for the kind word Ravi. Thanks to all for looking.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Wow is all I could say. I really love the color balance and the pure simplicity. Tells everyone that you don't have to have too many plants to have a beautiful tank.

Awesome, Kim.

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Talk about speedy response from Cavan.
Nice seeing you yesterday thanks for the plants! Incredible. Can't wait to see texguys tank setup. you going to make a journal for it?
You're welcome on the plants. Would have forced you to take more but didn't want to be impolite! ;) Tex Guy is kinda quiet. :-$ Don't know what he's gonna do. I sometimes feel like his 'public face', if you know what I mean..... ( not sure if that's more my choice or his OR if it just works out that way. :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Kim,

In another thread I was asking about ideas for the February meeting...

Pretend you are very, very, VERY busy if you don't want to talk to me on the phone tomorrow.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
And let's look at the progression so far like this:

1/11

1/17

1/24

2/6

2/14

Anybody local that would like to see that tank live?

--Nikolay

21 - 40 of 54 Posts