Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured since it was slow around these parts these days I would take some time and thank Matt for all his help. He is kind of holding my hand through all of this planted tank newbie stuff. He has been awesome. So Thanks.

How did your auctions go over anyway? Pretty well I hope. If you have anything left, I might stop up and snag some if the price is right.

Anywho, just wanted to get some action down here at the bottom of the page you know.

Jim

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did. Getting ready to hook it all up now. I got some of that blueish Penn Plax silicone tubing. I have heard it is ok for co2. It will do until I get some real co2 resistant tubing. I will say that $65 was a good deal on a 5 lb tank. I called around again today and the next closest was $85 with $15 fillups. These will only cost me $10 for fillups. Some were as high as $110.

I can come up this weekend if you want. I am ready to get the rams out of that tank anyway. I have a pair of angels sitting on eggs and a pair of discus sitting on eggs. I don't want them buggers to throw some eggs as well. I should also have some of that E. Bolivianus for you. It should be here on Wed or Thur. We will see how it survived the heat.

There is a guy at work who has a couple of tanks. We were talking about the co2 setup I am putting together and he says to get him the same stuff. "Just come over and hook it all up." I told him I need to get mine all setup before I set someone else up. So hopefully I can spread a little SWOAPE love as well.

Jim

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it is all up and running. I am terrified of getting a leak somewhere. I went through and watched it for awhile. I had a couple but they were my fault. It is inside one of the dreaded pressboard stands. I could just see me getting a phone call tomorrow morning asking why the tank is all over the floor. Scratch that, screaming uncontrollably. Looks like you had another successful reactor.

I have it set at about 6.8 ph right now. It is flowing at about 1 bps. Is that too slow? It all seems to be working. I am really nervous about all this. Is that normal?

I will talk to you later in the week about when a good time would be to stop by. If I can, I would like to get a look at your DIY 36" lights again. I want to start collecting the parts for it.

As far as my friend goes, I need to get him to understand why plants even need co2. It makes no sense to have something hooked up if you don't know why you have it. He is not a dumb person, just seems like common sense isn't so common with him sometimes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, the dwarf sag looks awesome in there. I have more on the way and some E. bolivianus. Can't wait. Definitely adds depth and creates the look I was going for. Whoever said planted tanks are as addicting as fish tanks was oh so right on the money. I get a kick out of looking for a new leaf or two. Buggers. Am I officially converting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts