Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Welcome to APC!
That's a really colorful fish. I have to admit I've never seen one before. Are you going to get him a female companion? (Are these the guys that need a harem of gals?)
Have you decided on what plants you want yet?

Okay, no more questions, I promise. Again, welcome to the site.

-Dave

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Well, right now you're at about 4 WPG (high light) and once you raise the light up...hmm...you'd have to get info from someone else as to what that would get you (like hoppycalif; he's done alot of research in that area).
Anyway, raising the lights will help with the green water, but you'd still have to dose all the ferts (N,P,K, and micros) to keep away algae. And you'd probably still need at least the DIY CO2.

Somer type of Vallisneria would be good in the background since you have a taller tank (relatively), you'd just have to keep the runners from invading other parts of the tank. You could grow a wide variety of fast stem plants. Also, if you have a tall background plant that shades out part of the tank, you could keep some crypt's or other low-light plants under that shade. (Although, most of the 'low-light' plants will also do well in higher light.)

Anyway, just some thoughts.

-Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts