Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sjogren1 said:
What if they are both males and there are no females in the tank?
You can try I guess. But at the same time they are not going to show their best colors without females in the tanks. Both species have spectacular coloration during breeding. In "off-season" they are just another normal looking dwarf cichlid.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Look for apistodave on Aquabid. He usually has both curviceps and dorsigera along with a lot of other dwarf spieces. Seems like a nice guy, pretty sure he has helped me a few times on apistogramma.com

Dorsigera are really peaceful fish and when they do spawn the color is unreal.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Jay,

Do these fish scare, eat, or bother in any way Amano shrimps or Otos?

I ask becasue I have some Apistos that I wish I didn't have because they don't let shrimp or otos do anything else but hide without even moving.

--Nikolay

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine where about 4 inches in size, just look bigger because of the deep body.

I didn't have a problem with them chesing otos. I did have some cherry shrimp in with them and I do not recall them chasing them, once in a blue moon. Granted the 3 I had eventually disappeared but not sure they ate them. They have pretty small mouths.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
niko said:
Jay,

Do these fish scare, eat, or bother in any way Amano shrimps or Otos?

I ask becasue I have some Apistos that I wish I didn't have because they don't let shrimp or otos do anything else but hide without even moving.

--Nikolay
Niko,

I had them with amano shrimp without any adverse effects. Good luck :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.