Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
ADG featured in AQUA JOURNAL # 109

Thanks so much! I wasn't sure how many people in the US get AQUA JOURNAL- you can, as you know, subscribe directly from ADA for about $100/year (a bargain if you ask me). Hey just a heads-up - ADG is is working on a distributorship of the ADA product line. We are meeting with Amano's main-man at the AGA Convention to finalize details.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
The low profile style HQI lights are the best thing going.
Add an e ballast and that's a winner.

I still greatly prefer the Triton color mix (at 7200K ) over the 8000-8800K lights but the 8800K are very nice in appearance to my eye.

I think there are two other companies that also sell a similar style of HQI small low profile, (6"X3"X4") Triangular prism shaped fixture.

These take up the least amount of room while providing a lot of light.
So they do not detract from the overall look like those big ugly globes(175W).

The MH's from Aquatic eco are nice also and use the small HQI's and look like the Dupla HQI lights and older small style MH's(these are about 8Hx8-9" Dia). and 4 or more are 135 with light bulb.

If you folks are interested, I can get 150w HQI light bulbs for about 35$ ea in the 5000, 6500K and 10K range.

Also, anyone in the Bay area, I have 15lb CO2 tanks for 55$ filled.

I think I'll be using the Triangular lamps as the main type of lighting as I have always enjoyed open tops anyway.

They cost a lot but they are worth it to me as this is the main electrical cost and driving energy of a tank.

The open top also allows you to raise the light thereby lowering the intensity much easier than other designs.

Regards,
Tom Barr

21 - 24 of 24 Posts