Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,252 Posts
Personally, I think this is a very nice, yet intense aquascape. I agree with gnaster a bit in that I loved it mouch more when I first saw it that I do now. I think much of that lies in the fact that I start to get lost looking at it. I have started trying a simple exercise whenever i llok at an aquascape now. I don't study it but simply look at it for a bit. Then I close my eyes and try to remember as much as I can. Ofther this second "viewing" lets me "see" more than i realized. In this case I find that i dont remember much but the front half of the aquarium. Then I lloka t it more and I realize that even withan open mind I don't really remember much of the back half of the tank. It starts to get to busy for me. So many colors, textures and shapes. Keep in mind though that i feel it is a very well executed planted aquarium. I admire his gardening abilities adn creativness. Remember, art is all on the eye of the beholder:)

Lets look at the questions.
1) Does the aquascape make an original creative impression to the viewers?
To me yes. I can't say this scape brings anyothers to mind

2) Is the aquascape composed well (is there compositional balance within the aquascape)?
I do feel there is a good balance in the plant textures and leaf types used.

3) Are the aquatic plants appropriately positioned within the aquascape? Does the balance exist in the colors and shapes of the plants used?
Yes and no. If you look at the tank in sections, going from plant group to plant group then I feel there is a good balance but when looking at the tank as a whole, I kind of feel seperation between the front and back halves. The front feels very manicured and strictly green to me while the back is very much composed of color(not green) with a very different feels to it. Almost like the front represents spring while the back represents waning fall.

4) Do you feel harmony between the fish and the aquarium layout?
Sure:) Although the intense colors of the plants seems to drown out the lovely colors of the Rainbows and rasporas. On the other hand, I bet they compliment each other much better in person.

5) Is the aquascape laid out well making a natural looking atmosphere?
I don't think so but that was certainly not the intention of this design.

Well, it think I have shared enough. Regardless of what I like and dont like about this aquascape, it is still wonderfuly executed and I would be proud if it were mine:)[/b]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.