Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
7,763 Posts
I can appreciate the healthy plant growth and foreground areas, but to me, the background of strongly colored stem plants is overwhelming and visually confusing. It's a nice tank that would have benefitted from a broader variety of background plants, IMO. I suppose though, that it's probably more a matter of personal preference than anything.

From Nature Aquarium World book 1:
"Red plants are the flowers of the aquarium, so be sure the light and co2 needs of these plants are exactly met so that they can show their best colors. These must be used sparingly, however, so as not to overwhelm with color and destroy the quiet refinement with gaudiness."

· Administrator
7,763 Posts
Robert Hudson said:
Now you guys are just being polite! "Nice growth" is something you say when you don't like an aquascape! :lol:
No, I really do like how healthy his plants look. The stellatus in particular is quite nice. The tank is healthy, vibrant, and does have some good aquascaping points. There's just too much red. Surely, that can be taken as constructive criticism and not as simply "being polite".

I think what Roger did to the picture really helps. I think the above picture would benefit from the same treatment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.