Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
This tank is just a temporary display- a short exhibit- an artpiece and not a long-term oriented, perfectly balanced aquarium. Amano knows good and well the hi-fin banded sharks are not going to live out their lives in this tank. It's just for the photo, for effect. This is not a tank heavily featured in AquaJournals or in any ADA materials but rather (perhaps) a tank done for some special purpose or application. A tank like this is not one (IMO) to critique in the usual ways/language we use for most aquascapes. Certainly you have the right to view it however you like, but I think one risks missing the point/intention of the tank. Remember, Amano operates on levels and for purposes most of us have no clue about whatsoever. I find the tank quite interesting and think it is a unique use of a not-so-unique piece of wood. :-#

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yikes! I was a little prickly with my replies that day!
This tank has never been shown again by ADA, by the way. It's a rare find, honestly. I wouldn't spend too much time on it. Everyone makes mistakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.