1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Bob Vivian said:
Does anyone else see it this way?
Almost but not quite. I see the focus in the blue circle here:

My eye isn't lead much of anywhere.

The tenellus foreground is awfully dark. In my tanks a tenellus foreground tends to be dark, but not that dark unless there is something grown into it -- like moss, riccia, algae, etc. I suppose that the color in the photo could be an adjustment, it could be a feature of the film or the foreground might be infested with something.

The foreground is ugly, but the choice of fish is worse. I don't like seeing fish kept in a tank where they can't be maintained. It makes me wonder what happens to them when they get a little bigger. It's bad enough when I see a 1.5 liter box with a baby angelfish. What do you suppose happens to these fish when they get a little bigger? Are they destined for a dinner plate?

I've been critical about a lot of other tanks, but in most cases I would happily have those tanks in my home. I wouldn't want this one.

Roger Miller

·
Registered
99 Posts
No doubt this tank is a short-lived exhibit,but that doesn't excuse the choice of fish. It may make the situation worse. Not only is it likely that the fish in the photo will be killed before their time or released to a local waterway, but by publishing the photo ADA has encouraged the legions of Amano-copiers to do the same and bolstered a market in fish that generally should not be kept in captivity. Maybe the needless death of a tank full of fish isn't a problem, but as a policy I think it is unacceptable that these fish should be kept in home aquariums. This same observation extends to other fish that with good health and time will inevitably exceed the ability of the aquarist to house the fish.

I realize I may be at risk for missing the point or intention of this tank. If you can find time, would you please describe the desirable point or intention that you see in the tank?

Roger Miller

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.