Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, just starting PPS pro today, seems it might be better for a person like me who is always forgetting what day it is and what I dosed beforehand.

I don't have Mg on hand and have started with a standard mix minus the MG. I do however use a GH booster from aquariumfertilizer.com, with the help of that (+RO) and semi-regular water changes my GH stays at 5. I'm dosing CSM for trace. So I feel I don't really need to order MgSO4 and add it to my PPS pro mix. Makes sense, no? Isn't the required amount of Mg negligible anyway?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, swore I was in PPS sub form. Mods can move it if you want. For some reason, I can never edit titles here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, wet. :)

And thanks for the reference calc, couldn't remember how much bicarb I added last time, that is going to save me a lot of time. :D

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
If you happen to need some Mg sometime you can purchase Epsom Salt at a pharmacy. It is Magnesium Sulfate Heptahydrate MgSO4∙7H2O.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was definitely going to read the Epsom thread before doing anything. I guess if I've never dosed it before then I should be good. Maybe if I start slacking more on water changes I might need to do something, we'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts