Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how Led in the water would affect plants and or fish? I am assuming that for the fish, the worst would be forgetfulness? Seriously how would this affect dosing the plants if at all and how would it affect the fish? Not sure on the ppm. Getting tested this week, but led pipes have been confirmed. Thanks

·
Registered
542 Posts
jdigiorgio,

In my water report for Corpus Christi, Texas, USA the lead is at 4.5 ppb (parts per billion), and the limit is 15 ppb. Do you really have lead pipes? Or is it just that lead solder was used to connect copper pipes for the drinking water. I thought lead pipes and cookware for the rich was a cause of the fall of the Roman Empire. Where do you live? This could be serious. Please tell us more.

Regards,
Steve Pituch

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I liove in wonderful DC!!! They just had a whistle blower who got fired for informing the public that there are in fact Led pipes remaining in many parts of the District. I tested the water myself and it was inconclusive. At least I am not alone in this one. I just lost one of my discus last night and really want to get to the bottom of this. Keep you guys posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts