Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing ebay for some new lighting and thought to type in "grow light" and came up with these that they use in hydroponics and other indoor horticulture. Many of them consist of approx. 160 Red LEDs and 60 Blue LEDs. I'm thinking about trying these out to see how they perform but am kind of wary of the blue/red combo over just pure white. Any input?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Led-Hydro-grow-...ryZ42225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I was kinda figuring that and noticed that to. There are tons of them on ebay, those were the cheapest easily. I'm gonna look around but I think I'm gonna end up purchasing one of these to see how they work out. I'll being using it in my own "farm" type setup. I live in the Barracks and technically were not suppose to have anything bigger than a few gallons. But I bought a 31 gallon opaque tupperware tub to experiment with growing aponogetons from bulbs and with various mosses. I plan on trying to make a little extra cash along the way of course. I'm making an enclosed setup so essentially all that will be seen is a big blue tupperware tub with 2 wires coming out of the lid under my bed :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts