Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm a french guy and I just want to show you my last layout.
Its name is "l'envolée" what means "the flight" or something like that.

It's a 240 L tank

I obtained the 7th place in the CAPA contest (french aquascaping contest) with this one.

Afterwards, i see a big flaw in it : I should have replaced micranthemum umbrosum by heteranthera zosterifolia in order to have a more uniform central hill. Too late :D

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
This is a very nice aquarium. The balance of the greens contemplates nicely. The growth of your plants are amazing, you did a great job with it.

What kind of camera did you use to take this shot? the clearness and sharpness is high quality.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

The shot is taken with a bridge : panasonic lumix DMZ-08

Not as good as a reflex but a good camera, in my opinion.

The matter with this shot is the overexposition of some plants :(
Next time, i'll make it better ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
b-e-a-utiful. love these types of scapes and I aspire to create something near this someday myself. Every time I see a scape of thsi calibre which at the same time somehow doesn't seem like the artist
"tried too hard" to force nature, I'm astounded. I think scapes like these overshadow a lot of the work I've seen done by Amano himself. (not that he hasn't put forth a multitude of BEAUTIFUL work) but this one could easily fit in with a lot of his works as a list of simply masterful works in this hobby.

well done sir! :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Beautiful tank and colors, Julien.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you very much for these compliments :D

But i'm just a "little" aquascaper and i can't be compared to a master as Takashi Amano ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
the master is still just a man. never forget that. A first timer can still accidentally achieve beauty even if they don't want to claim responsibility for the success of the tank lol

·
Registered
926 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Afterwards, i see a big flaw in it : I should have replaced micranthemum umbrosum by heteranthera zosterifolia in order to have a more uniform central hill.
I disagree, my friend :)

A total uniform heteranthera stand is too plain or boring to me, perhaps the micranthemum could have had a bit more time and trims to match up to the HZ better. I think a contrasting plant rising up slightly behind their intersection would be a better looking option. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you very much for the comments :D

To jaidexl -> I had big problems with the umbrosum that had plenty of time to fit perfectly with the heteranthera but it pulled itself out from the ground three times. Each time, the layout was messed up and I had to replant it. :mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts