Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Well, I took a picture of my Ludwigia arcuata this afternoon with a cheap digital camera (FujiFilm FinePix A303). Not that great. :?

Carlos

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
The L arcuata picture looks pretty good to me. With a more expensive digital camera you would just have to decrease the size to meet the reqiurements here and the picture would look no better.

I want to see pictures of your iron-satiated Rotala and Didiplis

·
Registered
274 Posts
Goodness GRACIOUS JAY! What the heck. Thanks for ruining the thread. Now all the following posts are gonna look terrrible compared to yours! HAHAHA =) Great pictures man. Mine are coming up pretty soon, but won't be nothing to yours...MAN you should've waited a bit longer! Then blast us away with yoru award-winning photos. Just messing :shock: :roll: :p

·
Registered
274 Posts
My PICTURES....

Riccia

WaterSprite

Camera:
FujiFilm Digital Camera
Finepix 2650/2.0 Megapixel
No Flash + Photoshop

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Here are some of mine
Common Oto

Common Pleco

Riccia Fluitans

Ludwigia Repens

Crypt. Parva

Petite Nana

Baby Cherry Shrimp (~1cm long)

A neat mushroom I came across while walking home (LARGE IMAGE WARNING)
http://members.aol.com/auddz/private/images/temp/shroom.jpg

That should do it....till I upload some more recent pictures *L*

These Cameras were taking with an Olympus C5050. No flash was used and only a couple of them used a tripod. Shots were taking in SuperMacro mode with various F-stops and Shutter speeds.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It would be nice if you all could post the equipment and photo settings with the shots. Any part or all of that information would be very interesting, considering the excellent quality of the shots.

·
Registered
811 Posts
FYI,

Fast shutter speed, Low aperture -> ~F8 and external flash will produce picture like one above. It will produce a "blast" effect, create a black surrounding and eliminate any light around the object.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
aquaverde said:
Ghazanfar, do you add a black background using software?
I don't add it in. Most of my pictures have black backgrounds - by
using the flash from above the subject. However, if there's any
small spots etc that show up on the background, I'll usually
clean it up with Photoshop a bit.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Wow I really cant believe the quality of the photos you guys are posting!

I agree, how about some info on camera settings that you used on some of those shots everyone?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Jay Luto said:
FYI,

Fast shutter speed, Low aperture -> ~F8 and external flash will produce picture like one above. It will produce a "blast" effect, create a black surrounding and eliminate any light around the object.
Thanks, that'll give me something to experiment with. It's going to be a while before I get an external flash as they're a little pricey.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Impressive!!! This collection of pics is amazing. Thank you all for posting them.

Art, could the profiles be set up so that people could enter camera information? It would be nice to have a brand, model, flash capabilities, and maybe lens add ons or particlular lens for those of you with DSLR. That way those of us who want to know those things wouldn't have to bug you for the info.

Eric, Giancarlo, and Tony, what kind of equipment are you using? I think I remember that Jay Luto is using a G2 with external flash and Ghazanfar is using a Sony 7x7? with external flash? Very impressive photography with good basic equipment.

Tony, is the substrate in the parva pic Eco-Complete? Nice pic - nice looking parva.

Regards,
Jay Reeves

1 - 20 of 56 Posts