Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to play around with the aquascape a bit.

Have Florite and all my hardscape- can i leave it unsoaked etc or lighted sprayed and play around with it without it smelling/ etc for a few days or is that not recommended? will begetting plants this weekend but would rather play around with the hardscape before hand with the substrate in already.

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Welcome to APC!

I have never used Flourite, but I can't imagine a problem with what you want to do. And it is very helpful to arrange substrate and hardscape until you like the design before the pressure is on to plant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I highly recommend using a plate and a very slow slow fill so you don't make a cloudy mess that takes days to clear.

Or use a inert cap like Caribsea Tahitian Moon Sand or BDBS. I had great success with flourite black sand several times, then had apparently a very dusty bag. Even after thorough rinsing I had a mess. Now I use a plate every time with it just in case I get another messy one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the reply I can't wait!! just set up my aquarium going to wait to fill it with water so far no horrible smell... slight odor but then again its either A me or B the florite that got into my nose from digging around in it so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts