Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my personal presentation thread I announced that along with the little 8G tank a larger 58G is on the way. Well, yesterday's photo session of this tank is ready, so I decided to show you the results. Some technical data: the tank dimensions are 47"/16/18; light 4x36w fluorescent (1 Osram Fluora, 2xPhlips TLD965, 1 Philips Aquarelle) 11 hours/day; Fluval Tronic 300w heater set for 25C, Tetratec EX700 external canister filter, pressurized CO2 Aquamedic system with Aquamedic pH controller set for 6,9 pH (KH=6), substrate Sera Floredepot, and some supplements of Sera Florenette A and Aquamedic Terrapur. Liquid ferts - Floreal Aquamedic or Tetra plant.

The title suggest not only my intention regarding the aquascape - creating some light / shadow contrast, but also I still have some problems ("the shadows") with this tank - low nitrates (surprising but I couldn't find KNO3 here, despite the sophisticated ferts used above - the emerging market economy give us such problems...;) ) so I had some fuzz and BGA problems, now under control, but lower leaf of E. stellata still a little fuzzy. There are some stones and wood (but completely covered by Anubias nana) so their contribution to the aquascape is minor (only as a suport for plants). I don't know how I can improve this things, because more wood means less plants I hardly got from the local market.
Here is an other detailed image from the right corner of the tank:
Thank you for any suggestion to improve this scape:wave:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the front left the carpet is made of Glossostigma elatinoides and in the right (more visible in the detailed photo) Hemianthus callitrichoides.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to show you some new photos of this aquarium before starting a new scape of this tank in 2007 (I'd like to move further from this one with Dutch influences to a "Nature aquarium " type of aquascaping, but this will mean to discard a lot of species...:( ). As a whole there are not significant aquascape improvement, only some plants are much larger and 2-3 new species (Blyxa japonica, Lymnophilla hyppuroides, Echinodorus Aquartica).
Here are the photos:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2007 with the best aquascapes here at APC!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the appreciations and constructive suggestions! These are some detail images from the same tank (the Eriocaulon setacem gave me some emotions in the beginning, but now it looks it starts up):

1 - 14 of 14 Posts