Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my personal presentation thread I announced that along with the little 8G tank a larger 58G is on the way. Well, yesterday's photo session of this tank is ready, so I decided to show you the results. Some technical data: the tank dimensions are 47"/16/18; light 4x36w fluorescent (1 Osram Fluora, 2xPhlips TLD965, 1 Philips Aquarelle) 11 hours/day; Fluval Tronic 300w heater set for 25C, Tetratec EX700 external canister filter, pressurized CO2 Aquamedic system with Aquamedic pH controller set for 6,9 pH (KH=6), substrate Sera Floredepot, and some supplements of Sera Florenette A and Aquamedic Terrapur. Liquid ferts - Floreal Aquamedic or Tetra plant.

The title suggest not only my intention regarding the aquascape - creating some light / shadow contrast, but also I still have some problems ("the shadows") with this tank - low nitrates (surprising but I couldn't find KNO3 here, despite the sophisticated ferts used above - the emerging market economy give us such problems...;) ) so I had some fuzz and BGA problems, now under control, but lower leaf of E. stellata still a little fuzzy. There are some stones and wood (but completely covered by Anubias nana) so their contribution to the aquascape is minor (only as a suport for plants). I don't know how I can improve this things, because more wood means less plants I hardly got from the local market.
Here is an other detailed image from the right corner of the tank:
Thank you for any suggestion to improve this scape:wave:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to show you some new photos of this aquarium before starting a new scape of this tank in 2007 (I'd like to move further from this one with Dutch influences to a "Nature aquarium " type of aquascaping, but this will mean to discard a lot of species...:( ). As a whole there are not significant aquascape improvement, only some plants are much larger and 2-3 new species (Blyxa japonica, Lymnophilla hyppuroides, Echinodorus Aquartica).
Here are the photos:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2007 with the best aquascapes here at APC!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.