Aquatic Plant Forum banner

light for new tank

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TropTrea 
It might be because those bulbs are not (normally) available here in the USA and most of the members are from the USA. Also, many have moved beyond T8 bulbs; althou I think they are still viable for the hobby. I believe those bulbs are more abundant in Europe.
Hi Newt,

I'm in the UK.

It is still possible to get T8s. However, T5s and T5HOs are more the norm for fluorescent tubes. Having said that, LED lighting is rapidly gathering pace and quite rightly in my view. Whilst many companies are intent on making a fast buck with this new technology, there are a few manufacturers who offer products at sensible prices.

One of the first things I want to know about aquatic lighting is the PAR output. Yet some suppliers are unable to furnish such basic information. I also like to know the output in lumens, the colour temperature and so on. It is also highly desirable to be able to control the light intensity.

Sorry, Girish. I'm getting carried away. I'll stop there.

Y.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.