Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am more than likely going to purchase the lifegard Aquatics full view 7g tank only and set it up as a medium to high light tank. I want to to CO2 as well. So Im wondering what light everyone would recommend for this tank. Dimensions are 16.1" x 14.5" x 10.6"

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
jlstuver, welcome to APC!

With a 16 inch long tank, a light that is from 12 to 16 inches long would be my choice. If the tank is only 10.6 inches high, you will have to try to not have too much light to be able to manage it well. But, it might also need a light hanging several inches above the tank so it can cover the whole substrate relatively evenly. But, if it is 14.5 inches high, you could sit a light right on top of the tank without much to worry about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jlstuver, welcome to APC!

With a 16 inch long tank, a light that is from 12 to 16 inches long would be my choice. If the tank is only 10.6 inches high, you will have to try to not have too much light to be able to manage it well. But, it might also need a light hanging several inches above the tank so it can cover the whole substrate relatively evenly. But, if it is 14.5 inches high, you could sit a light right on top of the tank without much to worry about.
Thanks I went with the 16" finnex fugeray planted+

1 - 6 of 6 Posts