Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can use this light just change the bulb to a 6700k

http://www.aquariumguys.com/20satellite.html
Are this lights clear and are they efficient for Plants. I prefer something white bright.

you could also try the cfl bulbs if you get a incandescent hood you can manage to fit two twenty six watt 6500k bulbs for it from what i do know everyones experience with them has been different i have had good luck with them
OK, could you please tell me where to buy them "link" or does petsmart have them?

You know how 10 gal tanks come with a hood that you can only have 15 w bulbs and under.
What would happen if I put those 26 watt ones in my hood?

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look in my shrimp 10g link below. I have used 2 types of light. One gave me so much light I ended up with green hair algae. Since it was a shrimp tank I had to dose very lean. I then went back to the 13 W spiral florescence bulbs. You need to paint your hood underneath white. You don't need to buy a new hood to reach the bottom. Trust me - you can get more light than you need by getting different bulbs....
so i dont need a new hood ok. but it says i cant put any more that 15 watts pet bulb.

if i can then could you tell me what bulbs to get? please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.