Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have this light:

But I am not sure if the reflector is good enough. Should I reshape it like the ah supply ones or should I just buy one?

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
What light is "this light"?

It isn't essential to shape the reflector like the AH Supply reflectors. And, if your reflector isn't made of the super reflective Miro material it probably will work well as long as it has a very bright white paint finish.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I think you would have to actually see one of those lights to judge whether it would do better with a different reflector. The AHS reflectors are made for the dual tube PC bulb, not a single T5 bulb, but if the bulbs in that fixture are very close together there might not be room for two separate reflectors as are used on the best T5 fixtures.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There is no really true need to change the reflector. The AH Supply is kind of a spot reflector directing all light right below it, but others works as well, not so efficient, but well.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
The reflector looks pretty good as is. If there is a problem it is that the bulbs are very close together, leaving little room for light to go between them from the reflector.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How are your lights? I am looking for a set of lights for my tank. Has anyone else used this light?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts