Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you recommend for a 36 inch lighting set up in the 180 plus watt level. The one I currently have has a noisy fan, and I'm looking for something quieter. I also wouldn't mind a lunar light even though I have a freshwater tank.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Welcome Terry!

How many gallons is your tank? 180 watts sounds like quite a bit for any 36" tank I can think of..... :)

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask what you're using now too, so we don't go and recommend that one again.....

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Take a look at this chart it shows the different light fixtures available for several 36" tanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a 45 gallon tank with injected CO2. Up until about two weeks ago I was using an All Glass strip that gave me 110 watts. The plants were a little leggy, and I was due for a bulb change. When I started looking at the cost of replacing the bulbs I saw that I could get a 196 watt JBL for just a little more money. The fans on the JBL are making a whirring/whining noise louder than the fans themselves. (I've taken the end cap with the fans off and run them without being assembled to the unit, and they are much, much quieter.) The dealer is working with me to correct the problem, but my question was for down the road if I can't get the problem fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts