Aquatic Plant Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Daniel,

not the best of spectral plots but that's what I've found re. the ADV 850 www.aquabotanic.com/images/light_fig2.jpg
Thanks Detlef, that was the one I used to make the claim that the ADC 850 probably is a regular tri-phosphor (and thus ought to have high PUR-efficiency like the Aquarelle/Aquastar/Triton).

2. Daniel, Arcadia has a "Marine White Lamp" out, rated 9500K, highest energy output around 400-480nm, good colour rendition, supposed to be used for marine environments. I would appreciate if you could run PUR efficiency testing on this one also!
www.arcadia-uk.info/product.php?pid=14&mid=11&lan=en&sub=&id=4
That is also a tri-phosphor and probably have a high PUR-efficiency - I need the wattages and lumens-output to calculate the exact PUR-efficiency though.

3.The action spectrum (AS) was derived from the green Anacharis/Elodea. Red plants would have a much different AS I guess requiring more energy in the blue, green and may be yellow part of the spectrum vs. a green plant to compensate for the red light which they can't efficiently use (because they reflect reds).
In trying to find the best suitable lighting for growing R E D plants should'nt we know the PUR ratings calculated from a red plant's AS curve as well?
In my beta calculator you can upload whatever action spectrum you want. I have one for Zooxantheallae and it have a rather similar AS to green plants.

If you find one for red plants let me know and I would be glad to upload it into the calculator.

Hi i need some help I have a new lux light meter with waterproof probe. I put the probe on the botton of my aquarium and the reading was 450-500 light intensity is this high, med or low ???
I would like to know what plants i can put my aquarium also have o2 Will someone help we
As I answered in your other thread, that is extremely low light. It's the equivalent of a 75% reflected 7 watts bulb over 150 gallons.
My guess is that the probe must have been shaded when you did the measure?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I found out that www.aamsco.com carries the Aquarelle. The 48 inch is a T8. DrsFosterSmith didnt print their catalog correctly.

You can also get the ADV850s and PLL950s

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hi Newt,

That is a great relief, because I hated having to lug the Aquarelles from England. I hope they have them at a better price than DrsFosterSmith, which sells them for a whopping $22 each. Are they available singly? Will check it out later tonight.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Yes, today. They have a webmaster do their web page and clear issues when they find enough.
They are T8 but have none in stock. They are going to call me tomorrow with a cost.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It will all depend on whether they have a big shipment coming in from Phillips. If they have to special order because they don't get a lot of requests for Aquarelle, and they don't have a Phillips shipment coming in now, they will charge moocho $ and may make you order a box of 12 to 25 or more. That's what happened when I checked with a big Phillips distributor. Hopefully they will not try to pass on special order freight costs to you and will allow you to purchase without buying boxes. I'm hoping, because then I'll have a US source for them.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
They didn't call today but the box size is 6 pcs.

If they knew there were a lot of potential cutomers then they would stock up.
They did mention that it was not a big ticket item with them. Perhaps not enough people know that they import Philips european bulbs.

Goodmart.com lists the Aquarelle but has Ammsco as the lamp distributor:
http://www.goodmart.com/products/bulb_fluorescent_tube_gro_lux_aquarium.htm

·
Registered
452 Posts
If they knew there were a lot of potential cutomers then they would stock up.
They did mention that it was not a big ticket item with them. Perhaps not enough people know that they import Philips european bulbs.
Perhaps not enough people know that on paper this looks like a really great bulb.

Remember, in the USA people can't seem to help blindly purchasing long CF fixtures :heh:

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Just so interested people out there know what the spectral output looks like; here it is:

too bad its not in color

81 - 89 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.