Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 6 foot 150 gallon planted tank. The plants are doing well but I'm a bit concerned my light still isn't strong enough. I run 2 fluval fresh and plant light 6500k 46 watts. I was wondering if I should upgrade my light and does anyone have any recommendations for better lights? I tend to believe since its a big tank my light isn't reaching the bottom. My baby tears seem to melt everytime any my cabomba plant , healthy on top you can tell isn't getting much light to the bottom since its just seem at the bottom. My ferts and water parameters are perfect. I think my light isn't strong enough. So does anyone have any recommendations for light with a 150 gallon tank? I was thinking of keeping the same brand light but getting the bigger wattage one. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its 72-18-28. I was looking at getting this

Since its about 90+ watts and can cover the length of my tank so I may only need one, and I only have one cover on there right now which is the middle glass cover since I have no plants in the middle and I need that glass one to hold my fluval light up since I run 2 one on thr left side one on the right since they aren't long enough to cover the full tank.. but I also saw these a but pricey but ide need two but heard these work well too

Again any thoughts would be aweosme.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I was leaning toward because they grow fine, I just need a little bit more power to reach the bottom to keep everything healthy. Would one you think be enough? Only reason I have 2 now is bc one won't reach across the whole tank and its only 40 watts so it's kinda weak I never realized it was that weak, so I think one should be ok?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what I found on the website for them the light we were talking about

• PAR: 96 @ 12-inch depth (under a 24″ fixture)
  • Ideal for: fish, medium-high light plants
  • Fixture sizes: 72 inches (12-72″ available)
  • For tanks: (up to 210 gallons)
  • LEDs: 102x 10000K, 32x Actinic 460nm, 22x Red 620nm, 26x Green 520nm
  • Modes: Day/night
  • Wattage: 182 x 0.5W = 91 watts total

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have the 6500 46 watt 3.0, 2x of them one for the left one for the right.. and I saw that video but I also saw another video that aquarium co op did if you can find that one.. and the guy Cory tested the PAR on a 125 and at the bottom was only 27 pars

Skip to like 2 minutes in

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right so idk how that guy in the other video was getting those numbers, bc I saw that and was like no way. He must of been using a real small tank. 3.0 had a lower par then the old 2.0 was is crazy

Don't get me wrong fluval makes great lights but I don't think they are meant for big tanks. Small tanks im sure they are amazing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.