Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first CO2 system setup last night. It was great to see the CO2 levels go from "bad" to "perfect" in a matter of just a couple of hours. Hopefully the plants will respond as they should!

I have a question about when to run the CO2. Currently I have my lights (approx. 4 watts per gallon) running from 6 to 10 in the morning and again from 5 to 10 in the evening. During the day the tank is quite dark as it is away from any windows.

My question is, should I run the CO2 from 6 AM until 10 PM or should I run it from 6 to 10 and again from 5 to 10?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What size tank do you have? You didn't ask this, but 4 watts per gallon is too much light for a standard shape tank bigger than 15-20 gallons. You also didn't ask about your lighting schedule, but plants will most likely do better without the long period of darkness in the middle of their day.

Sorry - I have a 60 gallon tank, but it's a show tank so is very high (24"). I figure the extra light is good to penetrate the extra depth...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.