Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,402 Posts
I think it's probably Nymphoides (maybe N. hydrophylla) but it's hard to say from the photos.

You could get a similar effect using Nymphaea gardneriana (aka 'Santarem'). Other Nymphaea would probably be too large.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's probably Nymphoides (maybe N. hydrophylla) but it's hard to say from the photos.

You could get a similar effect using Nymphaea gardneriana (aka 'Santarem'). Other Nymphaea would probably be too large.
I am just looking Nymphaea gardneriana (aka 'Santarem') - it seems to have quite short petioles. I need something that will grow to the surface which is in my case 12" (soil level to the surface) with not too large leaves. My lighting is moderate to moderate-high.

·
Administrator
7,402 Posts
I am just looking Nymphaea gardneriana (aka 'Santarem') - it seems to have quite short petioles. I need something that will grow to the surface which is in my case 12" (soil level to the surface) with not too large leaves. My lighting is moderate to moderate-high.
It will occasionally grow a leaf with a long petiole that floats on the surface, and if you let it (not cut those off), it will grow some more. And those aren't terribly large. It will fit the bill.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered couple of Santarem, let's see how it will turn out. I am planning to plant them in small terracotta pots and put them behind the wood "trunks" that I have in my scape. This will add 4" height and enable growth of floating leaves sooner. Thanks for a useful info. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts