Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to some photos of a 4000 litre German aquarium.

The site also offers software for tracking aquarium statistics.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
513 Posts
pretty cool. So 4000 liters roughly equals 1000 gallons? Heh.. I've seen swimming pools larger than that. :)

Andrew- didn't know if you would know but what happened to the big tank they were building in Singapore that Loh Kwek Leong was updating people on?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about that one, David. Do you have some links to it? I'd be interested in seeing more.... The German aquarium is interesting for its 1000 US gallon size - but not so much for its flora...

Andrew

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check out this beast!

It is a 6000 liter, 400x150x150cm, custom made German tank located in ADA's HQ. This picture does not even do it justice. It is featured in AJs 89 and 92. It is also featured in ADA 2002 product catalog. This monster would take up half my living room! Ya, my wife would love that.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
4 000 liter = 1 056.6882 US gallon

In a Google search bar type in "Convert 4000 liters to US Gallons" Works for all types of conversions.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The AGA DVD has some nice shots of it too. I recommend that DVD. (Now back to staring at my mini-aqua-world 20 US gallon high beside my desk here...)

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yea the one built (being built) in singapore is larger than amano's and supposedly more extravagant! Loh Kwek leong was given permission to post pictures about it on his site:

www.killies.com

but I can't seem to find any.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That should hold a good bit of moss. Luckily, many luxurious plants are fairly close at hand in Malaysia, Indonesia......

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im not sure this is necessarily related, but there was a 240,000 gal aquarium made in some European hotel not too long ago. It was in Popular Science. The article said that they at any given time, have a minimum of 3 divers in there keeping it clean. The aquarium was an 8 story cylinder of ginormous scale.

Just thought it kinda added on to very large aquariums.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the link, David. I imagine taking the photos away has tweaked the interest to a panting state of hysteria! @@

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
43 Posts
At first there was hysteria and lots of hype but the owner dampened that with the picture fiasco and now no one knows if any public photos will be available. :( Plus the aquarium is not actually in Singapore but is built in a country somewhere nearby but I think that's been cleared up already.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, James Lim paid nothing for the rights to AquaJournal so if he is as good at business as that, he must have (a) litigation power, and (b) money, and (c) intent to make profit from it. I have not noticed Vectrapoint has been at all helpful in maintaining supply of the English editions of AquaJournal, more to the pity. Perhaps he will have some paparazzi photographers with long lenses come with ladders to take shots which we can publish.... ;-)

Andrew Cribb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts