Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody could give me their best tips on mounting my liquidoser on top of my aquarium (5 gallon). For some reason I was under the impression that there was a groove or something and it just sat on the edge of the aquarium, and then when I got it I saw it wasn't like that, hehe. Time to get innovative!! Thanks

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I've seen Ghazanfar mount it on his Coralife Aqualights, although I'm not sure whether or not nutrients will get oxidized by the heat. You could use velcro or double-sided tape to secure it. I just wish Eheim would supply the holder, which is currently only available in Europe. :roll:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh cool, I didn't realize eheim even made a holder. Perhaps seame.com can get it. Do you have any pics of it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think the hoods that Eheim make for their aquariums have a location for placing the Liquidoser on them.

By way of DIY, what you need to do is make a heavy base so that the center of gravity is behind the back of the Liquidoser. Affix the Liquidoser ot the base using silicon sealant or, perhaps, velcro tape. That will ensure the machine does not inadvertantly get knocked into the aquarium. The base will also insulate the resevoir from heat. You could use some 3/8" plexiglas, for example.

Andrew Cribb

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just discovered it sits perfectly on top of my aquaclear filter and release the ferts. into the outflow. Just need some velcro for piece of mind that it won't fall off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.