Aquatic Plant Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thank you all for the kind words!

I think my last post may have been the best this tank has ever looked, currently, I've let the scape grow out a bit and am building up plant mass for my new project.....

I'm finally getting the 75 going, I haven't set up a build journal for it yet, I want to post it all at once, tthis thing is going to be insane.

Here are some teasers:

Concept sketch:

The beast itself:

Teaser on the stand construction (in front of the 34):

Don't worry, much more to come..... :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't worry, much more to come..... :)
SOOO JEALOUS! I love your setup and wish I could pull the projects you've done off. CONGRATS and I'm anxiously awaiting your 75gal projects!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Might you be able to provide some more pictures and details about how you made the spraybar mod on your filter. I have been looking to do that myself, and just wanted a little closer look if you wouldn't mind. It's actually interesting that I have a very similar setup as far as equipment. Same filter, same diffuser for CO2, and my pressurized CO2 sys is on the way is almost identical as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Interesting. I actually made a spraybar last night for my setup. The single jet was throwing some of the lighter leaved plants around too much and I just couldn't get a good compromise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Logans daddy,, Ur making me want to make my oven CFL screw ins..

How would u advise some 1 without to much knowledge in this..

"in my mind,, Its taking the sockets mounting them to something then powering them,,,. is it posssible for you to help me out trying this.. I know this is not the case at all..

also for the switches i was thinking,, Just get a powerbar,, n turn it off at night or but the power bar on the timer :)

Also, how many cfls do you think id need to make a 75g tank 2.5w/g (but the thing is with tinfoil as reflector...) Im guess there would be alot of loss of lighting.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
How would u advise some 1 without to much knowledge in this..

"in my mind,, Its taking the sockets mounting them to something then powering them,,,. is it posssible for you to help me out trying this.. I know this is not the case at all..

also for the switches i was thinking,, Just get a powerbar,, n turn it off at night or but the power bar on the timer :)
You have it right, the sockets are mounted to the hood, all of their wires come together into one cord and the cord is plugged into a timer. The other switches control other things in the tank, filter, heater, co2 injector, etc.

Also, how many cfls do you think id need to make a 75g tank 2.5w/g (but the thing is with tinfoil as reflector...) Im guess there would be alot of loss of lighting.
The cfl hood works alright, but as I've said before the only reason I built it was to save money, the tank is 3' long and there are not many really low cost options for it, your 75 on the other hand is 4' long, the same size as a standard shoplight, three shoplights with a total of 6 bulbs would put out the same light as around 12 20watt cfl's each with their own socket, the shoplights would cost less han half as much as that many bulbs and sockets and I think make a lot more sense for your tank.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I seen the shop lights at home depot

(20$ each) I would have no idea on how to make all 3 shoplights fit ontop of my tank,
any suggestions ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have seen shop lights that have more bulbs than 2, you may just have to ask. Otherwise, many hardware stores such as Home Depot carry the endcaps, ballasts and other parts to make more of a custom setup. They even had T5 HO parts at my Menards store.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Beautiful tank!

That looks like an Aquatek regulator - how has it been working for you?
Regulator is awesome, I have since taken down the 34 and set up a 75, have not been very active on the forums but it is a DIY masterpiece...

The aquatek regulator is running on the 75 now. never a problem with it.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts