Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with piping CO2 over a long distance from the cylinder to the aquarium and reactor? I searched the archives, but didn't have any success. I think I recall reading in another forum that copper tubing can be used to carry CO2 over a long distance.

I am wondering if I could use copper tubing or something else to pipe the CO2 over a distance of approximately 75 feet.

If copper tubing can be used, would it require welding the tubing to a fitting to which the needle valve could be attached?

Does anyone have any ideas?

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Andrew. No, I'm not a plumber, although your oh-so-true comment regarding their fees is why I often find myself spending more time wrestling with plumbing projects around the house then I like.

I'm going to research the possibilities of obtaining a 75-100ft roll of copper tubing from a wholesaler just out of curiosity. As for hiding the tubing, perhaps it could be run through the attic.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would this work? http://www.wellspent.org/Product?p=68847
I would need two rolls. Now I need to know how to attach the copper tubing to the regulator and subsequent needle valves. Given I have a 20# cylinder, I think this might be more economical than purchasing an additional 5# cylinder, regulator, and needle valve.

Rexx, I haven't seen you post here in a while. Can you share any insight regarding attaching the copper tubing to the regulator? What size tubing would you suggest? What fittings would be needed to attach the needle valve to the copper tubing?[/url]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.