Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rebuilt my 240g tank with new substrate, hardscape, etc. a few months ago, but had a bit of a rocky start, and lost the majority of the $300 worth of plants I bought for it. So before I go spend a bunch more, I'm wondering if anyone has any epiphyte (non-substrate rooted) plants they want to get rid of? I'd prefer mini/petite ferns but I'll work with whatever I can get. I do have an assortment of buce I can get from other tanks, but I'm trying for a different look from the rest.

I feel like one of my issues before was not having near enough plant mass for the tank size, but $300 doesn't go very far these days, and looking tonight, seems even less far than before. Tons of it used to end up offered at meetings, so I thought it was worth asking, though traffic seems low here these days.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fertilizer auto-doser ran dry and I didn't know until the leaves were in disrepair... they were mostly slow growing so BBA set in, it wasn't growing great to begin with. I'm hoping that new lights meant for planted tanks will help. I went ahead and purchased a bunch of new ones and spent several hours gluing them to wood. Need to finish over the weekend, but it's off to a good start I hope.
Plant Wood Fish supply Aquatic plant Pet supply

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I got some african fern, and some buce. I've been working with chase at odyessy pets, hopefully going to have a meeting next month there. pet world has also offer there space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts