Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen some good nano fish around? Things like mosquito rasboras and other small fish. I am looking for some for a nano tank and hardly ever see these type of fish available locally. Thanks!

·
Registered
765 Posts
it's a drive, but oranda aquarium at smb west of la brea (Hollywood) has celestial pearl danios for $8 and the aquarium on sepulveda at Jefferson (culver city) has scarlett badis (with flagfish that's ruining their fins) for $5. either way nico and miliac are smarter.

I picked up a cpd for a nano that will never happen and they want a school anyway. yours if you can catch it without uprooting anything, else I need to order a school ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
At Aquarium Odyssey in Palm Desert. The last time I was there, last month they have a very small type of raspora. Sorry, don't remember name of it. All I know they are one of the smallest rasporas in the world.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Jim's exotic fish in sepulveda had ember tetras (they called them pygmy tetra) for $1.50 each. It was a month ago, but they had a huge school. give them a call.

All about fish in long beach usually carries nano fish.

Nature aquarium in Santa Monica does too.

·
Registered
733 Posts
How about Ember tetras?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips everyone, I have found some cool nano fish at All About Fish in Long Beach in the past. Everywhere else is a pretty far drive for me, probably cheaper to order online...but I will definitely check them out if I am in the area.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I just found some "red belly tetras" at Pacific Reef in Fountain Valley. I believe they are actually microrasboras as that is what they look like and I have never heard of red-belly tetras before?? But they are 1.99 each and if you buy three you get 1 free so they are a pretty good deal. I'll try to get pics when they color up.

EDIT: They are green fire tetras, pretty fish but they might grow bigger than I want. Still an excellent price though and other tetras were similarly priced as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Old thread I know. However, if you don't mind the drive down to San Diego, Aquatic Warehouse has microrasboras (yes, those tiny fish that you rarely see in stores) at 10 for $10. That's insanely cheap :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts