Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :D

So, I have long been wanting to do something like Aquoi's Enzan, and if I can just get my new tank hood to work, I will be setting this up somethine during next week I hope. I have cut out a piece of cardboard in the size of my tank, and today I startet setting up some arrangments of the rock to see how things turned out. Ofcourse, it all sucked :oops:

But, I was smart enought to take pictures of everything, and so I was hoping somebody could take the time to comment on my arrangmenst. Aquoi named his tank Faraway mountains... I think I'm gonna name mine Fare from a mountain :lol:

Arrangments nr 1: Since there's no gravel, you have to add some imaginations. The focal point is going to be higher than it is on this pictures, and also, the most left pieces and the front piece will be covered in gravel so the just look like the side of a mountain.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second arrangment: This time there's two focal points, and I don't think this will work in a 30G tank. But it turned out to be one of the arrangmenst I liked the best, so...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arrangment nr.3: This also turned out OK, but the left piece look's unatural and unstaibel...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arrangment nr. 4: This suffers from the same mistake as the nr. 3. Also, I find it boring... But, that's what I ended up with sadly :? So, any advice on how I should proced would be greatly appriciated!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, I'm really impressed at the amount of feedback I'm getting! Thank you each and every one!

I also postet this on the norwegian forum, and number 2 was votet with a landslide. I think I will give this one a new try as well.

Aquoi, I agree with your reasoning. I will give this a try as well, but I will wait just a tad longer. I don't want to smash up the pieces before I know I have a clear view of what I'm going for. Your graphics are beyond and above again 8) !!!

Also, I got a tip to try this in a triangular shape. I testet this out as well, but it didn't turn out all that well. I guess it's missing hight and dynamic to it. I blame this partialy on my rock (petrified wood btw), and largly on my skills :roll:

Anyway, here's the result

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry I took so long getting back to this :roll:

Anyways, I tried out Aquoi advice, and this is what I ended up with.

It turned out OK. I agree with you in that my rock's are to dull to really make the energetic composition that's I was originaly looking for, and I find this setup pleasing and calming if nothing else. You have to imagin the senter point higher up, and the rock on the left will be almost covered in gravel so that just the top of it is showing. Comments? :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also, since I originaly wantet a composition full of energy, I went out looking for more rocks. And so I found this great piece.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried it out, but I ended up with the conclusion that i don't really have any pieces to go with it, the rest is rather dull. This is the best that came out of a handfull of arrangments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts