Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a pair of apistos, and i want to lower the pH to about 6. i have a piece of driftwood in there, but it isn't leaking any tanins. i added pH lowerer, and it dropped it to about 6.8. i added some more, and the next day i checked and it was at about 7.4 nothing i do is lowering the pH. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to lower it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're Apistogramma Agassizi's. I am trying to breed them, so that's why i want to lower the pH (except i think the female might actually be a male, so lower pH wouldn't make them breed anyway). I still don't have a KH test kit (I know, I know, extremely irresponsible, but I'm going to make an order soon, so I'll get one then), so I don't know what the KH is. however, since the CO2 isn't lowering it, I have a feeling that it's higher than it should be. If that's the case, what should I get to lower the KH?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.