Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the issues Vals have with excel and the fact that I want to keep using excel with my DIY CO2 I planted some Ludwigia Ovalis in the Vals place. I have to say so far I am happy really happy with them. It is a pretty plant and the leaves cup just right so that my mist of CO2 forms bubbles under them and remains in contact with the water for a longer time. :D It is a little more delicate then I expected for a stem plant but my tetras seem to love the new jungle and swim in and out of them. My lone sparkling gourami stays happily tucked in them all day long instead of staying hidden under my UV unit like before. They also added some much needed color to my otherwise rather bland set up.

One thing I was surprised about was the fact that they seem to send runners down from all over the plant. They are obviously growing well but I have to keep some of the runners from growing down into my micro sword.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really need to join the digital age. I will try to get some pictures up tonight after I get home from work. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the shoots I was talking about. This almost looks like a Ludwiga Repens but then the leaves are more rounded than the other Repens I have seen so I thought it was Ovalis. Either way I like it. The store just had it as Ludwiga and it was cheap so... :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Baby tears starting to spread. Yes! :)

Here are a few of my fat little embers. Unfortunately the flash washed out their color a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
I'm glad the plant is doing well for you, but I believe what you have is repens and not ovalis. I've grown ovalis in the past, and I never saw the red under leaf that repens is so known for. Ovalis, is more of an orange color.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts