Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's my underwater desktop at workplace:)
Size: 35x20x25cm, capacity 15L

Plants: Vesicularia Dubyana, Glossostigma Elatinoides, Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis, Cryptocoryne „Green",Cryptocoryne „Brown", Pogostemon Helferi, Micranthemum Umbrosum, Patomogeton Gay, Hydrocotyle Verticilata, Anubis Barteri v. nana, Eleocharis Parvula.
Population: 6 guppies, shrimps "crystal red" and "red chery", snails Neritina Natalensis, "Red Ramshorn".

Lighting: table lamp, no filter, no heater.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Hi LyjaLietus,

I like your tank, I am in the process of setting up my first Nano as well. Your plants look very healthy with good growth. My only comment for improvement might be to add a little more leaf texture with some more larger leaf plants or add a plant with red in the leaves. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for comments :)
Seattle_Aquarist, your notes are absolutely true. However it's one problem - very difficult to find small or slow growing plants with red leafs. I don't wish to trim them every week. Now most of plants in my aquarium are growing only up to 15 cm height. Yesterday I added to this aqua Lobelia Cardinalis. It makes good contrast with glossostigma.
But i don't known what from red leafs plants i can choose for aquarium with water column 17cm (5in) :)
Some suggestions? :)

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Hi LyjaLietus,

You might try Cryptocoryne wendtii either the "red" or "bronze" variants. It's a slower grower, not too tall (6 -10 cm), and will give provide a plant with a broader leaf structure. Here is an example:http://www.aquabotanicstore.com/wendtii_red_p/pp07.htm
Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
It's a lovely tank LyjaLietus. You've really created a lot of interest in a small package. It must be very relaxing to have that at work.

I have C lucens x willisi "bronze" that has a lovely color and is staying about 2" tall (some have a flatter growth habit and are only 1" tall with a wider spread - the leaves are a bit over 2" long). I've never had good luck keeping C wendtii short for a long period of time. I have a C wendtii red (or maybe it's brown) that reaches the top of my 29 gallon and bends over. It started as a cute little 4-5" plant and stayed that way for over a year and then WOOSH! it was at the surface.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts