Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone with hard water (KH 10, GH 13) is successfully growing this baby. I have co2, no3 around 10, po4 around 1-2, daily micros and iron, lighting at 2.6 wpg.

I have tried letting it sit without disturbing, and moving it in various places in the tank with the same results. I am about to yank it.

Any advice from the experts?

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Hi Bert.

Actually, Florida Aquatic Nursery grows it in hard water. I remember Claus from Tropica being envious of how nice it was growing.

FAN's secret? Lots of iron and the strong Florida sun. I would suggest you increase lighting to it. Do you have an open top tank?

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Art,
No open top tanks. Lights sit on glass cover. I have it in a 29 with 55W AH reflector/retrofit plus a 20W strip. Also in a 10 gal with home made light using AH reflector and 2 x 13W cf's. I add 0.25ml iron daily to the 10 gal, and .75ml daily to the 29 gal. Perhaps I should increase that amount???
BTW, do you know if Florida Aquatic Nurseries have a web page and/or sell mail order? I did web search and didn't find anything. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts