Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gauging interest in my over population of Malaysian Trumpet Snails & if anyone would be intersted in any, please contact me by email instead of PM..
Right at this moment I don't have any shipping boxes to speak of & need good ideas on how to ship them so that they arrive ok, I would only charge shipping costs which I would estimate to be about 5 bucks PayPal.
I have a 6 day holiday coming up & am looking to nuke my tanks & have tons of snails to pick out after the lights go off.
If I get enough interest I'll get the boxes & baggies & do my thing! :) Early next week would be a good time for me to send them out.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just finished doing the same thing. The breakdown I used for pricing was this.
$4.80 for priority shipping
$.47 paypal fee
$.73 to me, not a fee just $6 is a nice even number. If I ask $5 I'm coming out of pocket.
Now the shipping is for a 9Lx6Wx2H box and up to 1lb. Anything over 1lb will bump your shipping up about $2.
Packing: I use ziploc baggies, put the snails wrapped in a paper towel. Once the paper towel is in the ziploc pour some tank water in to keep the towel moist. I double bag my ziploc's. The rest of the packaging is up to you.
Good Luck! :D

edit: Your local P.O. should have free priority boxes. I recommend getting the size I listed. Larger boxes can also bump up shipping costs.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just sent a guy from another site 400 MTS, the way I caught them was to change 50% of my water and wait about 30 minutes, even with the lights on tons of these buggers started climbing the walls. I simply used a fish net to catch them off the glass. Then later more would be there. Took me 5 days to collect 400 of these bad boys..

Then I just used a fish bag with a little water. These buggers are bullet proof as far as shipping is concerned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll be joining you soon trying to get rid of them soon. XD I bought 8 a few months back for a 2 1/2 gallon tank. In a few months I have something like 50 now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.