Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
It depends on the size of the pieces. My smaller pieces have already reached the sinking point after 2 days soaking in a Home depot bucket. However, my larger pieces, while less buoyant, still aren't ready for hard scaping. Twice a day, I've dumped the water in the bucket and replaced it with fresh boiling water (BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO BURN YOURSELF WITH THE WATER OR THE LARGE AMOUNT OF STEAM GIVEN OFF BY THE WATER). I'm hoping the large pieces will be sinking by next week :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think planning in a conservative 2 - 3 weeks for the boiling is a good idea, smaller pieces with boiling sink quick, but I've heard that a month is not uncommon for the larger pieces. But man, this stuff is going to look awesome in my tank!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think planning in a conservative 2 - 3 weeks for the boiling is a good idea, smaller pieces with boiling sink quick, but I've heard that a month is not uncommon for the larger pieces. But man, this stuff is going to look awesome in my tank!
Which package did you buy ?
I just bought the med package #12 .. and it is shipped already .. - should arrive here next week ..
I will be using them in my 40g tank and 20g long tank ..
I will just tie some java moss into the woods :)

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
chikorita-
I snuck a couple of sweet extras into #12 for ya. The key is patience when preparing the wood. I had the idea of using the hot water heater drain outlet hooked up to my hose for a quick hot water treatment into a can or bucket. Be careful though the hose can get very hot. (Dont use any attachments when doing this unless you like explosions.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
FishandTurtle sure knows how to throw in some extras!

I'm still piecing together co2 parts so I wasn't in any terrible hurry Chikorita. I bought one of the nano packages which I'm planning on using for a 10G. Some of the smaller pieces are already sunk (the ones I could boil on the stove top) while the ones I couldn't boil get boiling water poured over them once or twice a day. I'm hoping they're sunk in the next 2 weeks as my pressurized co2 should be ready to go by then :)

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
My package arrived last night and I'm really looking forward to getting it waterlogged and in my tanks. The wood looks so much better than the pictures and I appreciate the extras you put in. How did you know I wanted a smaller multiple branching piece? Anyway, it's perfect and thank you!

41 - 60 of 484 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.